This Tricycle provides therapeutic, reciprocal exercise with physical benefits such as strengthening muscles, improving range of motion, aiding circulation, developing hand/eye coordination and head and trunk control. The Adaptive Tricycle promotes social and psychological benefits such as peer interaction, social acceptance and improved self-esteem.
Included are self-leveling pedals, adjustable back support with belt, puncture-proof tyres, seat belt, snap-out storage tray, parking brake and pedal sandals. The tricycle will grow with the child with a choice of 3 Sizes to choose from, suitable for young children to adults.
A further option available is a full trunk support system with butterfly harness, lateral supports, and head support.
The low gear ratio makes pedaling easier for beginners and the low center of gravity makes riding stable and safe. The padded handlebar can be raised and locked at any angle for the user’s optimum hand position.
Open access combined with a low transfer step makes for easy on and off.
- 3 sizes available in 3 colours: Blue, Lime Green and Pink.
- Lower extremity strengthening and reciprocal leg motion patterning.
- Balancing skills.
- Using visual, spatial perception for steering.
- Social interaction with peers and neighbours.
- Adjustments are made with tool-free knobs.